Michael Deemer from The Downtown Cleveland Alliance spoke to Bill about Looking ahead in 2021, what can Downtown Cleveland look forward to this year?
More development -- $800 million in residential construction underway
- More planned -- City Club Apartments, Centennial Apartments, Flats East Bank Apartments
Population Growth – Forbes Magazine projects Cleveland as one of the top housing markets to watch in 2021 and Inc. magazine reported Cleveland is one of the leading cities in country in attracting tech workers
Return of retail – Partnering with Destination Cleveland for the Roam the Land campaign, urging Clevelanders to support downtown restaurants and shops
Return of Office – We know people work hard and are productive working remotely, but we also know we collaborate better, innovate more, or build stronger culture when we are together. We know there is pent up demand to just be together and businesses are making plans to do just that.
Downtown Cleveland- home to three sports teams- providing energy for our city
- Cavs welcoming fans (2,000 per game)
- DCA advocated in this effort
- Browns making the playoffsand making history
- NFL Draft- coming in April
- Currently in the planning process
- But hopefully will bring excitement and attention to Downtown Cleveland
- Shine a national spotlight on Downtown Cleveland
- Opportunity to showcase growth and development
For more information, or if you are looking to expand or relocate your business into Downtown Cleveland, visit Downtowncleveland.com