Shrek fans, if you’re looking for a fall getaway, Airbnb has you covered. Travelers will have the chance to live like Shrek in a real-life version of his swamp home from the movie franchise.
According to the Airbnb listing, Shrek’s sidekick Donkey is “swamp sitting” while the ogre is away and he’s decided to welcome up to three guests for a two-night stay from October 27th to 29th. “This mud-laden, moss-covered, murky-watered oasis is a perfectly snug spot to escape from village life and embrace the beauty of nature,” the description reads. The live-in tree stump includes two beds and it’s located in the hills of the Scottish Highlands. During the stay, visitors can:
- Relax in the ambiance of “earwax candlelight”
- Kick their feet up with a parfait
- Stay up late swapping stories around the fire
- And enjoy a stack of freshly made waffles in the morning
- Embrace the ogre lifestyle, as the toilet, sink, and shower will be located “off-site,” about 20-meters from Shrek’s Swamp.
And the best part? The stay is free! But guests do have to provide their own travel to and from Scotland. In honor of the special opportunity, Airbnb will be making a donation to HopScotch Children’s Charity, which helps disadvantaged kids in Scotland. You can request to book the stay starting October 13th at 1 p.m. ET, and get all the details here.