Michael Deemer, President & CEO from The Downtown Cleveland Alliance spoke to Bill about What is Downtown Cleveland Alliance doing to attract workers and increase Downtown foot traffic
· The Connection Is Stronger campaign continues to focus on creating irresistible experiences that remind people of what they love about working and being in Downtown Cleveland.
· We’re doing it with a heavy emphasis on have been animating Downtown public spaces with live music, building it including:
· Music on the Malls- Wednesdays on Mall C
· Walnut Wednesday- Perk Park
· Warehouse Wednesdays-overlook lunch, Superior Overlook Park
· Pop-ups at US Bank Plaza, Tuesdays and Thursdays, Lunch and happy hour
· Final Fridays at US Bank Plaza
· Continuing our placemaking efforts:
· Opening of Lighthouse Park – Wednesday Aug. 24th at 3PM
· Superior Hill Park improvements and programming
· New murals and art installations throughout Downtown
· Development Advocacy
· Advocated for a development-friendly and investment-ready Downtown through the City’s new residential tax abatement policy, an expanded State Historic Tax Credit program (SB 225), an improved property tax valuation and administration process (HB 126), and a Transformational Mixed-Use Tax Credit award for Millennia’s Centennial project to add over 800 units of workforce housing.
· Advocating for infrastructure improvements
· We are working with NOACA and Cleveland Neighborhood Progress to advocate for expanded Amtrak service in Cleveland. We are currently seeking community input and support for the initiative through a survey, running through the month of August. Follow us on social media to see think link to the survey
· 5294 respondents so far
What Results are you seeing?
- Contrary to the study, DCA’s data shows a 77% recovery in Downtown foot traffic in June.
- Visits to Downtown offices in June were 60% of pre-pandemic levels, sitting above the national average of 50%
For more information on Downtown Cleveland’s recovery, or if you’re interested in relocating or expanding your business into Downtown Cleveland, visit DowntownCleveland.com