Cleveland, OH - The Cleveland Indians today announced CLE Inspires Week, featuring the third annual CIC Giveathon, presented by Kaulig Giving, which will raise money for Cleveland Indians Charities to help the PlayBall CLE! and Cleveland RBI youth baseball and softball initiatives.
CLE Inspires Week will feature fundraising and community events throughout the week of August 16 concluding with the CIC Golf Outing on August 23:
- Tuesday, August 17: Red Cross Blood Drive at Progressive Field in partnership with Cleveland Clinic
- Wednesday, August 18: 3-Team Alliance Conversations for Change with local youth and law enforcement
- Thursday, August 19: Topgolf outing for Cleveland Indians Charities donors and partners with current and former Tribe players, including CC Sabathia, Mike Hargrove & Kenny Lofton
- Friday, August 20:
- CC Sabathia Field Dedication at Luke Easter Park (1 PM)
- Players Alliance visit with Jr. RBI team at Progressive Field
- 2021 Giveathon, presented by Kaulig Giving
- Sunday, August 22: Little League Classic
- Monday, August 23: CIC Golf Outing at Quail Hollow (7:30 AM)
“This year, we’re at-bat to raise $250,000 for the RBI Program and PlayBall! CLE! These programs help Cleveland kids learn, grow, and win on and off the field. Now more than ever, kids need connections, healthy activities, and opportunities to learn and succeed. Together through the annual Giveathon, we are helping area students be their very best!," said Executive Chairman and Owner of Kaulig Companies Matt Kaulig.
The CIC Giveathon, presented by Kaulig Giving, will take place during the Cleveland Indians home game against the Los Angeles Angels on Friday, August 20 and will be held online at www.Indians.com/giveathon.
The first 300 people to donate $100-or-more on August 20 will receive an autographed baseball from either José Ramírez, Aaron Civale or Zach Plesac.
Over the first two Givathons, Tribe fans and partners have raised nearly $500,000 for Cleveland Indians Charities.
(Copyright, iHeartMedia, 2021)
Listen to WTAM news at the top and bottom of the hour