Cleveland, OH - The YMCA of Greater Cleveland is launching a free, six-week community-wide healthy living program called the RESET Challenge. Individuals can participate virtually or in person through weekly programs and activities with family, friends and community members.
Registration is now open to members and nonmembers and the Challenge begins on Monday, February 1. Activities each week are centered around a different theme: Reset, Refresh, Reconnect, Replay, Reinvest and Restore.
“We are inviting everyone in the community to join the RESET Challenge to start the year off strong in spirit, mind and body,” said Linda McVey, Executive Director of Health Initiatives at the YMCA of Greater Cleveland. “The RESET Challenge aims to improve not just our physical fitness, but also our overall wellness.”
“After the year that was 2020, we all want to get 2021 started on the right note,” said YMCA of Greater Cleveland President and CEO Timothy Hilk. “Through the Y’s RESET Challenge, participants will reenergize, make new connections, set and reach goals and improve their lives.”
RESET CHALLENGE details:
- Register by texting the word “RESET” to (833) 320-1759
- Participants will receive 3 messages each week with challenges, fun and community.
- Participants will have access to free virtual, on-demand and in-person exercise content.
- Nonmembers who decide to join during this time will receive 100% off their joining fee.
- All participants will receive a YMCA drawstring sports bag and an exercise band (whiles supplies last).
- Members will be entered into a post-challenge drawing Y-branded items, such as gym bags, yoga mats and other merchandise.
For more information, visit www.clevelandymca.org/reset.
Photo courtesy of YMCA of Greater Cleveland
(Copyright, iHeartMedia, 2020)
Listen to WTAM news at the top and bottom of the hour