(Cuyahoga County) - Below are items of interest from the Rocky River Police Department that occurred between Tuesday, 12/03/2019, through Monday, 12/09/2019.
- On 12/03/2019 at about 1:25 PM police stopped a white Kia on Linda St. after observing speeding and following too closely violations on Lake Rd. The officer detected indicators the driver had been drinking and attempted to administer a series of field sobriety tests, but the high level of intoxication and uncooperative attitude prevented them. Thomas McHale, 26-years-old from Rocky River, was arrested for drunk driving. Because of his high level of intoxication, he was transported to hospital after booking was completed for medical treatment.
- On 12/04/2019 at about 9:05 PM police responded to the intersection of Elmwood Rd. at Morewood Pkwy after a report that a vehicle collided with a house. As reported, a Honda minivan that was northbound on Elmwood turning westbound onto Morewood Pkwy went off the roadway and collided with the home on the northwest corner.
The Honda and the house sustained damage; no one was injured.
- On 12/05/2019 at about 10:50 AM police responded to 1 Baldwin Lane after a reported burglary. The complainant is the mother of the resident and said when she came to the home this morning she found the garage door partially open and damage to the back doors of the house. Several items in the home were discovered to be missing. Detectives are investigating.
- On 12/08/2019 at about 9:30 AM a Mercedes Ave. resident reported someone went through her unlocked car overnight; nothing was reported missing.
- On 12/08/2019 at about 11:05 AM a Idlewild Dr. resident reported someone went through her unlocked car overnight; she reported some items missing but declined to make a police report.
- On 12/08/2019 at about 6:10 PM police responded to a River Oaks Dr. apartment after a complaint of a burglary in progress. On arrival police located two men arguing in front of the building. The caller told police he was staying with a friend in Apt. 3 after she told him an ex-boyfriend had broken into her apartment several days earlier, which was not reported to police. At the time of the current incident, the complainant and the resident were in the apartment when someone removed the screen and started coming in through the window. An short argument ensued until police arrived. Rubin E. Spurlock, 57-years-old from Homesville, Ohio, was arrested for Disorderly Conduct while Intoxicated; burglary charges are pending.
- On 12/08/2019 at about 7:35 PM a caller reported a drunk driver in a Honda Civic on Lake Rd. The vehicle was located on Lake Rd. near Avalon. While stopping for police the vehicle struck the curb. The driver had indicators of extreme intoxication. Mark Bulzan, 32-years-old from Rocky River, was arrested for driving while impaired. It was later determined that a friend was attempting to drive Bulzan home after trying to take him to an AA meeting while another friend followed, but Bulzan was unable to give good directions. The cars stopped so the two drivers could talk, and Bulzan slid into the driver's seat and drove off, prompting the call to police.
(Photos by Ken Robinson/WTAM & Rocy River Police)
© 2019 iHeartMedia, Inc.
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour: wtam.com/listen