Rocky River -
- On 11/12/2019 at about 4:30 AM a police officer stopped at Sunmart 20045 Lake Rd. The clerk told him that a customer driving a Jeep at the gas pumps was confused and, he believed, highly intoxicated. At the same time, the customer at the pumps got into his Jeep moved it forward next to the patrol car before the officer was able to stop him. While talking with the driver, indicators of alcohol impairment were detected. Timothy J. Kelly, 51-years-old from Rocky River, was arrested for drunk driving after a series of field sobriety tests.
- On 11/12/2019 at about 7:00 PM a woman reported that her iPad had been stolen from a shopping cart in the Tuesday Morning store 19875 Detroit Rd. at about 11:30 AM that morning. Police are investigating.
- On 11/13/2019 at about 9:30 AM a Pease Dr. resident reported being the victim of a scam. The complainant reported she was having trouble with her computer and an ad for computer help line appeared on her screen. She called the number provided her credit card number to pay for service. After payment, the man on the phone told her she needed to empty her bank account balance and he would send her a new card connected to a different account. The victim went to Giant Eagle and Target and bought about $5000 in gift cards and provided the card numbers. When she returned home she suspected she was a victim of a scam and called police. Detectives are investigating.
- On 11/15/2019 at about 1:50 AM police stopped the driver of a 2009 Audi on Wooster Rd. at the Fairview Wellness Center for a marked lanes violation. The officer deteicted indicators of alcohol impairment and requested the driver, 42-year-old Thomas Minillo of Fairview Park, get out of the car for field sobriety testing. After the tests, Mr. Minillo was informed he was underarrest for drunk driving. He resisted arrest and during the course of the brief struggle to apply handcuffs, a police body worn camera and a police officer's watch were damaged. Mr. Minillo was arrested for drunk driving, resisting arrest, criminal damaging, and marked lanes. No one was injured.
- On 11/15/2019 at about 12:10 PM police responded to a Lakeview Rd. residence after the resident returned home and discovered a glass pane broken out of the side door of the house. After clearing the home with police, the complainant reported several items of jewelry and at television set were missing. Detectives processed the scene and are investigating the case.
- On 11/15/2019 at about 7:45 PM an Orchard Park resident reported that he returned home at about 7:30 PM and discovered the back door had been forced open and jewelry and cash were missing from the home. It is believed the burglary occurred between about 5:30 and 7:00 PM. Detectives responded and are investigating.
Photo courtesy of the Rocky River Police Department
© 2019 iHeartMedia, Inc.
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour:wtam.com/listen