Rocky River -
- On 10/24/2019 at bout 8:00 PM a woman reported the theft of her purse and mobile phone from her cart while shopping at Whole Foods 19607 Detroit Rd. Officers unsuccessfully attempted to locate the phone using GPS services. After the initial report, the complainant reported someone attempted to charge a computer using her cards at an Apple store. Detectives are investigating.
- On 10/26/2019 at about 2:30 AM the clerk at Sunmart 20045 Lake Rd. reported that a woman in the store was irate and attempted to climb over the counter because she was upset that the the restrooms were locked. The women left the area in a Ford SUV with several other occupants and police were unable to locate the vehicle. There was no assault or injuries.
- On 1026/2019 at about 11:40 PM police were called to condos on Pease Dr. after a resident reported a strong chemical odor. Police and fire personnel noticed a strong odor of gasoline and traced it to an pick-up truck parked in the garage that was leaking gas and causing a hazard. The truck was impounded after several unsuccessful attempts at contacting the owner.
- On 10/27/2019 at about 12:10 AM police responded to the intersection of Wagar and Center Ridge Rds. to investigate a non-injury motor vehicle accident. While investigating the accident, indicators of alcohol impairment were detected on one of the drivers. Haralambos "Bob" Xanthopoulos, 59-years-old from Rocky River, was arrested for drunk driving.
- On 12/27/2019 at about 8:00 PM police responded to a Story Rd. residence after a caller reported her ex-husband had turfed her yard and intentionally backed his truck into an SUV in the driveway, causing damage. Police later located the truck, unoccupied and damaged, on a nearby side street, but were unable to locate the driver. After an investigation, a warrant for Criminal Damaging and Criminal Trespass were filed against Bryan A. Shelton, a fifty-year-old Lakewood man.
Photo courtesy of Rocky River Police Department
© 2019 iHeartMedia, Inc.
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour:wtam.com/listen