Rocky River -
- On 08/27/2019 at about 2:40 AM police were called to 22453 Lake Rd. Beachcliff PLace Apartments after a report of people fighting in the parking lot. Police determined there was no fight, but friends were attempting to intervene with a third friend who was highly intoxicated. She was transported to hospital for treatment.
- On 08/28/2019 at about 10:00 PM police were called to Giant Eagle 22160 Center Ridge Rd. after a caller reported a woman acting strangely and doing gymnastics in the store. Police arrived and were unable to locate the woman.
- On 08/30/2019 at about 6:50 PM a pizza delivery person called police to report that a piece of paper on the front door of a delivery address on Lakeview Rd. said, "HELP" on it. The customer accepted and paid for the pizza, but the driver was concerned. Responding officers determined that the paper was a piece of mail from a charitable organization asking for monetary help. The resident was OK and advised of the pizza delivery person's concern.
- On 08/30/2019 at about 10:20 PM police stopped a car on Wagar Rd. at West Wagar Cr. and discovered the driver was in possession of a loaded 9 mm Taurus handgun in the vehicle without a concealed carry permit. He was also wanted by a neighboring police agency.
Kyle Smith, 23-years-old from Avon Lake, was arrested for Improper Handling Firearms in a Motor Vehicle.
- On 09/01/2019 at about 7:05 AM police responded to apartments at 19035 Old Detroit Rd. after a resident discovered graffiti and a bag smoking in the building. A car in the parking lot was also found with four flattened tires. Detectives are investigating.
- On 09/02/2019 at about 11:20 PM police were notified of a motor vehicle accident on I-90 east bound near mile post 161. The vehicle struck the median wall on the left, crossed all travel lanes to the right and going off the roadway and coming to rest on its side behind the sound barrier on the south side of the highway. The driver, 20-year-old Tamara Holloway of Lorain, was transported hospital for treatment. She was cited for drunk driving.
- On 09/04/2019 at about 1:35 PM police responded to 22065 River Oaks Dr. to investigate a reported assault. The victim was discovered by a friend and had facial and other injuries. She was transported to hospital by ambulance for treatment. Detectives are investigating.
- On 09/06/2019 at about 9:45 PM an Auxiliary Police Officer directing traffic on Detroit Rd. at the Rocky River High School following a football game reported a possible intoxicated driver that did not immediately comply with traffic control instructions. Investigating officers arrived and the man was unable to successfully complete field sobriety tests, admitted to drinking, had the odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from his breath. Patrick Cachat, 53-years-old from Rocky River, was arrested for drunk driving.
- On 09/07/2019 at about 12:55 AM police stopped a car on Spencer Rd. for expired license plates. The driver, 33-year-old Jeremias Fuentes of Cleveland, also had a suspended license.
As a result of the expired registration and suspended driver, the vehicle was impounded. The driver asked about retrieving property, specifically his mobile phone, from the center console of the vehicle. The officer said he would get the phone during the inventory of the vehicle's contents subsequent to impoundment. Inside the center console, the officer discovered a loaded Ruger LCP-II .380 caliber firearm with an additional loaded magazine. Mr. Fuentes did not have a concealed handgun permit. He was arrested for the Improper Handling Firearms in a Motor Vehicle.
- On 09/08/2019 at about 4:10 PM a customer at Marc's Discount Store 21661 Center Ridge Rd. reported her wallet was stolen out of her purse was stolen while she was shopping.
Photos courtesy of The Rocky River Police Department
© 2019 iHeartMedia, Inc.
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour:wtam.com/listen