1. Cleveland will be the focal point on national TV tonight when the Browns take on the Jets at First Energy Stadium. The Browns are actually 3.5 point favorites. Could this be the day the Bud Light coolers pop open? Is it conceivable the Browns could cover?
2. Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield? If you were drafting today, who would be your pick?
3. National reports say Maroon 5 will play the 2019 Super Bowl halftime show. The pop-rocked band with lead singer Adam Levin played at the Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrinement earlier this summer. Do you think Maroon 5 is a good choice?
4. Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has agreed to contribute $10 million to organizations committed to supporting women’s leadership and development in sports and combating domestic violence. This comes after Sports Illustrated broke a story earlier this year about workplace conditions in the Dallas Mavericks front office. Does money solve the problem?
5. The wooly mammoth went extinct thousands of years ago but scientists want to bring it back to life. Scientists from Russia, Korea and Japan say they will be able to clone one in the next decade. How do you feel about trying to clone extinct animals? Do you think dinosaurs may one day come back to life?
6. A school district in South Carolina is getting rid of “snow days” and is replacing them with eLearning Days. When classrooms are closed because of the weather, teachers will send parents digital assignments their children will have to complete at home. If for any reason students have a problem accessing the internet, they will still be required to complete the assignment within five days on their own time. What you like to see eLearning days be implemented in Northeast Ohio schools?
7. Houston's Rice University announced it will provide full tuition scholarships to undergrad students from low and middle-income backgrounds. It's seen as the latest effort by a major university to do something about the soaring cost of higher education and student debt. Would you like to see Ohio colleges follow suit? Do you think they will?
8. At the start of a three-day summit with South Korean President Moon Jae-in, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un said that his meeting last June with President Trump has provided geopolitical stability. Kim has also given Moon credit for making the “historic” summit in Singapore possible. The Kim-Moon summit is expected to serve as a litmus test for a possible second meeting between Trump and Kim currently being scheduled. Would you like to see another Trump-Kim meeting?
9. Amazon opened its fourth Go Store with no cashiers or checkout lines. You simply swipe your Amazon Go app when you enter, cameras and sensors see what you load in your cart and when you leave the store, your credit card is charged. Is this the wave of the future now?
10. The Food and Drug Administration is threatening to pull e-cigarettes from shelves. The FDA is ordering the top E-Cig manufacturers to submit plans within 60 days detailing how the companies will prevent teens from using their products. How can you keep teens from smoking e-cigarettes? Should they be illegal to sell?