- On 07/18/2018 at about 2:20 AM police responded to a motor vehicle accident on Interstate 90 west bound near Northview Rd. The single car MVA was caused when the driver fell asleep and the vehicle collided with the median wall. No one was injured.
- On 07/18/2018 at about 8:55 PM police responded to a report that a woman was masturbating on an RTA bus on Center Ridge Rd. The bus was stopped on Wooster Rd. RTA Police were responded to investigate. Witnesses were not interested in making a statement, but the woman had an arrest warrant for an unrelated offense and was arrested by RTA Police. No RPRD incident report was taken.
- On 07/21/2018 at about 3:25 AM a police officer observed a Ford truck turn right from Hilliard Blvd. into the recreation center parking lot. The truck was stopped and the driver said he thought he was at the Garfield Hts. recreation center. After investigation, Clyde Woods, 31-years-old from Cleveland, was arrested for drunk driving.
- On 07/21/2018 at about 2:00 PM police responded to Giant Eagle 22160 Center Ridge Rd. to investigate a shoplifting offense. Store security had detained Ann Z. Bush, 54-years-old from Rocky River, for the theft of about $56.00 of grocery items. Ms. Bush was arrested for theft.
- On 07/22/2018 at about 2:10 AM a caller reported suspicion that a car on Interstate 90 east bound was being operated by an intoxicated driver. Police were able to locate and stop the car. The driver, Christopher M. Juchem, 31-years-old from Lakewood, was arrested for drunk driving. 2
- On 07/22/2018 at about 5:20 AM a Service Dept. employee reported a man was passed out on the grass near the corner of Sunnyhill and Spencer Rds. Zachary Laskowski, 28-years-old from Rocky River, was cited for Disorderly Conduct while Intoxicated and turned over to a sober adult to ensure his safety.
- On 07/22/2018 at about 11:30 AM police stopped two dump trucks for no truck route on Westway Dr. near Northview. The drivers, who said they were doing work in the area of Hilliard Blvd. and Wooster Rd., were cited for no truck route and one for driving without a valid commercial driver's license. They were advised not to do construction in the City as it is prohibited on Sundays. Two hours later, the same group was located on Wooster Rd. tearing up the parking lot. Five were cited for commercial construction during restricted hours. .
- On 07/22/2018 at about 9:05 PM police stopped a motorist for driving 52 mph in a 25 mph speed zone on Center Ridge at Dale Ave. The officer detected indications that the driver was impaired and, after field sobriety testing, arrested John Manzo, a 43-year-old Lakewood man, for drunk driving.
- On 07/23/2018 at about 1:10 AM police responded to an Erie Rd. home after a caller reported someone in his home in violation of a court order. The homeowner found the man, 28-year-old from New Waterford, Ohio, hiding in his attic and escorted him off the property prior to calling police. The family has had previous problems with Simpson but a protection order was not yet in place. A warrant for Criminal Trespass is forthcoming.
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour: wtam.com/listen