1. OBAMA LAWSUIT - a sharply divided House authorized the GOP-led plan to sue President Obama alleging he exceeded his constitutional powers – Can you sue the President and what will the sue for??
2. Justin Masterson was traded to the St. Louis Cardinals for minor league outfielder James Ramsey. Masterson came to the Indians from the Red Sox in the Victor Martinez deal. He had 14 wins last season but had an injury plagued season this year. What do you think of the trade? Are you disappointed the Indians were not able to sign him to a long term deal?
3. ESPN has suspended Stephen A. Smith for a week because of his comments about domestic violence regarding the Ray Rice suspension. Last Friday, Smith said it was the women’s responsibility not to provoke domestic violence. Smith delivered a pre-recorded apology on the air and said his statement were poorly phrased and misinterpreted. Do you think Smith deserved to be suspended for a week?
4. Pope Francis revealed his top 10 secrets to happiness. They are: Live and let live, be giving of yourself to others, proceed calmly in life, a healthy sense of leisure, Sundays should be holiday, find innovative ways to create dignified jobs for young people, respect and take care of nature, stop being negative, don’t proselytize-respect others beliefs and work for peace. What do you think of the Pope’s list on the secrets to happiness? If there anything he left off the list?
5. The Indians will unveil the statue of Jim Thome on Saturday night. Do you think Thome is deserving of a statue? Should statues be built for people while they are alive or should they be built after they have passed?
6. It was a big day for former big time wrestler and former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura as a jury awarded him $1.8 million in his lawsuit against the estate of “American Sniper” author Chris Kyle. The jury decided that Ventura was defamed by Kyle in his description of a bar fight back in 2006 and Ventura proved actual malice. The jury was also tasked with awarding damages for any harm to his reputation, humiliation and embarrassment and had to find that Ventura suffered an economic loss. Do you think Ventura’s reputation was damaged enough to be awarded $1.8 million?
7. Katy Perry is on the cover of the Rolling Stone! The 29-year-old pop stars opens up about her plans to have children with or without a man. She says “I don’t need a dude. It’s 2014! We are living in the future, we don’t need anything. I don’t think I’ll have to but we’ll see. I love men. But there is an option if someone doesn’t present himself”. What do you think about women having children without a father? Do you know anyone who would like to volunteer to be the father of Katy Perry’s children?
8. There is always something to do in Cleveland during the summer and early fall including Greek Festivals, Rib Cook-Offs, the Feast of the Assumption, Arts Festivals and Oktoberfests. What is your favorite Cleveland event?
9. Tom Hamilton will be honored by the Indians tomorrow as he celebrates 25 years behind the microphone doing Tribe games. Where does Tom rank as far as great broadcasters go?
10. The Huffington Post ranks the list of board games that most of you grew up with. Some of games on the list include Hungry Hippos, Trouble, Chutes and Ladders, Risk, Trivial Pursuit, Candyland, Scrabble, Monopoly, Battleship, Sorry, Life and Guess Who. What was your favorite childhood board game?
11. U.S. teenagers use of human growth hormones more than double between 2012 and 2013. A new poll by Drug-Free Kids says 11% of 3,705 teenagers in grades 9 to 12 polled said they had used HGH at least once, up from 5% in 2012. HGH use was higher among Blacks at 15% and Hispanics at 13% with Whites at 9%. The head of the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids says “young people are seeking out and using performance enhancing drugs hoping to improve their athletic performance or body appearance”. Does it surprise you that so many teenagers are using human growth hormones?
12. Paris Hilton is back in a new Hardee’s commercial promoting their new Texas BBQ Thickburger made with brisket. In the commercial, she’s wearing a black bikini as another scantily clad woman in black bikini washes a Bentley similar to the commercial Hilton made nine years ago. Does sex sell? Would you go out and buy a Hardee’s burger because of Paris Hilton?
13. Congresswoman Marcia Fudge has introduced legislation aimed at increasing community treatment options for heroin and other substance abuse. Do you think putting money into treatment centers would be more effective than incarceration?
14. The chair of the American Academy of Otolaryngology says ear wax is good thing. Dr. Douglas Backous says the purpose of earwax really is to keep your ear canal clean. Not only does earwax help keep dust and dirt away from the eardrum, it also provides some antibacterial and lubricating perks. Did your mom or grandmother ever tell you not to put anything in your ear that’s smaller than your elbow? Do you use cotton swabs to clean your ears? What do you think about the doctor’s comments about earwax?
15. Do you have a fat cat or a fat dog? Pet liposuction is here. A pet clinic in North Ridgeville says it’s a new way to treat benign fatty masses on older and overweight animals especially dogs. During one procedure they removed almost three and a half liters of fat out. Would you consider liposuction for your pet if it was too fat?