1. Residents in the Toledo are in their 3rd day of being unable to drink or use water, due to toxins from algae blooms in Lake Erie. Does this concern you that an area of a Great Lake can be contaminated. Should people stock pile water and food supplies?
2. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is removing the ashes of legendary DJAlan Freed, which had been on display since 2002. Freed's Moondog Concert Ball in 1952 is considered the first rock-n-roll concert. Freed's son says his father is being evicted from the Rock Hall. Rock Hall President, Greg Harris says not all of Freed's artifacts are being removed, as insted of Freeds ashes, a pair of his iconic microphones will be on display. Do you agree with the Rock Halls decision to remove the urn? Or do you see it as evicting the man who helped popularize the term rock-n-roll?
3. That’s was a 911 call to Westlake Police back in 2012. County Executive and now candidate for governor Ed FitzGerald was the man in the parked car at 4:30 a.m. FitzGerald claims nothing sexual happened in the car between him and a lady friend who was visiting from Ireland along with a larger delegation. FitzGerald is married with four children ages 14 to 20. Is this dirty politics? Should someone’s personal life have anything to do with his public life? Will this hurt FitzGerald in his race for governor?
4. That was Jim Thome on Saturday night who announced he signed and honorary contract with the Tribe and will official retire as an Indian. Jason Giambi also announced he will no longer wear #25 which was Thome’s number. What do you think of Thome retiring as an Indian and do you think his number will eventually be retired?
5. The Browns had their team scrimmage in Akron over the weekend with thousands of people in attendance. Do you think this town is a Browns town more than a Tribe town or Cavs town?
6. Attorney General Eric Holder is urging U.S. law enforcement agents to deal with heroin addicts to begin carrying the drug naloxone to reverse overdoses? Do you think this is a good idea? Should state and local cops by trained how to use and administer naloxone?
7. Christina Aguilera appears nude on the cover of VMagazine and she’s pregnant with her second child. The 33-year-old singer is not the first celebrity to do this. She follows in the footsteps of Demi Moore who appeared on the cover of Vanity Fair 23 years ago, Cindy Crawford who was on the cover of W magazine seven months pregnant, Britney Spears on the cover of Harper’s Bizarre and Jessica Simpson on the cover of Elle. What do you think about celebs barring it all when pregnant? Are pregnant women sexy?
8. Some parents say the “You & Me Mommy Change My Diaper Boy Doll” is not suitable for children because the doll has a penis. The doll has been out for a few years but now parents who are offended by the doll have started a social media campaign to get rid of the doll. Do you think it’s OK for little girls to play with baby dolls that have a penis?
9. It was a big pay day for former big time wrestler and former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura as a jury awarded him $1.8 million in his lawsuit against the estate of “American Sniper” author Chris Kyle. The jury decided that Ventura was defamed by Kyle in his description of a bar fight back in 2006 and Ventura proved actual malice. The jury was also tasked with awarding damages for any harm to his reputation, humiliation and embarrassment and had to find that Ventura suffered an economic loss. Do you think Ventura’s reputation was damaged enough to be awarded $1.8 million?
10. There is always something to do in Cleveland during the summer and early fall including Greek Festivals, Rib Cook-Offs, the Feast of the Assumption, Arts Festivals and Oktoberfests. What is your favorite Cleveland event?
11. The Huffington Post ranks the list of board games that most of you grew up with. Some of games on the list include Hungry Hippos, Trouble, Chutes and Ladders, Risk, Trivial Pursuit, Candyland, Scrabble, Monopoly, Battleship, Sorry, Life and Guess Who. What was your favorite childhood board game?
12. U.S. teenagers use of human growth hormones more than double between 2012 and 2013. A new poll by Drug-Free Kids says 11% of 3,705 teenagers in grades 9 to 12 polled said they had used HGH at least once, up from 5% in 2012. HGH use was higher among Blacks at 15% and Hispanics at 13% with Whites at 9%. The head of the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids says “young people are seeking out and using performance enhancing drugs hoping to improve their athletic performance or body appearance”. Does it surprise you that so many teenagers are using human growth hormones?
13. Paris Hilton is back in a new Hardee’s commercial promoting their new Texas BBQ Thickburger made with brisket. In the commercial, she’s wearing a black bikini as another scantily clad woman in black bikini washes a Bentley similar to the commercial Hilton made nine years ago. Does sex sell? Would you go out and buy a Hardee’s burger because of Paris Hilton?
14. Congresswoman Marcia Fudge has introduced legislation aimed at increasing community treatment options for heroin and other substance abuse. Do you think putting money into treatment centers would be more effective than incarceration?
15. The chair of the American Academy of Otolaryngology says ear wax is good thing. Dr. Douglas Backous says the purpose of earwax really is to keep your ear canal clean. Not only does earwax help keep dust and dirt away from the eardrum, it also provides some antibacterial and lubricating perks. Did your mom or grandmother ever tell you not to put anything in your ear that’s smaller than your elbow? Do you use cotton swabs to clean your ears? What do you think about the doctor’s comments about earwax?
16. Do you have a fat cat or a fat dog? Pet liposuction is here. A pet clinic in North Ridgeville says it’s a new way to treat benign fatty masses on older and overweight animals especially dogs. During one procedure they removed almost three and a half liters of fat out. Would you consider liposuction for your pet if it was too fat?