1. A retired 80-year-old man, Tom Greer, from Long Beach, California gunned down a pregnant robber. Greer killed the woman after she and a male accomplice were caught ransacking his house when he returned home. A scuffle occurred with both the suspects trying to run away. When Greer caught up with the pregnant woman she begged for her life saying “Don’t shoot me, I’m pregnant! I’m going to have a baby”. Greer shot her twice anyway and has no regrets. The male suspect got away. Would you have shot the woman if she was pleading for her life? Should Greer face any charges for killing the pregnant woman?
2. 2. After hearing Haslam, Farmer and Pettine, what are your thoughts on how the Browns are handling Johnny Manziel?
3. That’s a Chicago resident after more violence there this past weekend. On Friday, a thirteen-year old boy was killed after someone open fire and started shooting up a local store with six other injured. Local residents say police can’t handle the amount of aggressive gun crimes in the city. Do you think the National Guard should be called in?
4. The Simpson’s TV show enters their 26th season this fall and this past weekend at Comic Con in San Diego a trailer was released for their season premiere titled “Clown in the Dumps” and the show will feature the death of a beloved character. Do you think they could actually off Bart Simpson? Is the Simpson’s the greatest animated TV show ever?
5. After losing 3 of 4 to the Royals and going 5-6 on their roadtrip. What are your thoughts about the Indians playoff chances as the trade deadline approaches?
6. Russia has now amassed about 15,000 troops along the border with Ukraine according to NATO. U.S. intelligence also indicates Russia plans to soon provide heavier and more sophisticated weaponry to pro-Russian separatists and the transfer was imminent. Where do you see the conflict heading between Ukraine the Russia and do you think NATO or the U.S. will get involved?
7. Another week has gone by and still no word on where the body of Casey Kasem is six weeks after his death. Kasem’s children are 90 percent sure there father’s body is at a funeral home in Montreal and in another bizarre twist, they think Casey’s widow Jean could have a boyfriend who lives in Montreal which could be the reason he was allegedly taken there. No word on whether Kasem is on ice or whether he’s been cremated. What death is more bizarre? Former baseball great Ted Williams or Casey Kasem?
8. The movie trailer for “Fifty Shades of Grey” was released as the popular romance trilogy by E L James comes to the big screen next Valentine’s Day. The trailer shows the first glimpse of the red room where bondage and kinky sex took place in the novel. Do you think more people got into bondage because of “Fifty Shades of Grey”?
9. Paris Hilton is back in a new Hardee’s commercial promoting their new Texas BBQ Thickburger made with brisket. In the commercial, she’s wearing a black bikini as another scantily clad woman in black bikini washes a Bentley similar to the commercial Hilton made nine years ago. Does sex sell? Would you go out and buy a Hardee’s burger because of Paris Hilton?
10. NBA star and Player’s Association president Chris Paul says it’s unacceptable for Donald Sterling to maintain ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers and he has spoken to head coach Doc Rivers about the possibility of sitting out if Sterling remains in control at the start of the season. Sterling and the NBA are currently in a legal battle. Do you think the Chris Paul will sit out and lose his paychecks if Sterling is still in control of the franchise?
11. U.S. teenagers use of human growth hormones more than double between 2012 and 2013. A new poll by Drug-Free Kids says 11% of 3,705 teenagers in grades 9 to 12 polled said they had used HGH at least once, up from 5% in 2012. HGH use was higher among Blacks at 15% and Hispanics at 13% with Whites at 9%. The head of the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids says “young people are seeking out and using performance enhancing drugs hoping to improve their athletic performance or body appearance”. Does it surprise you that so many teenagers are using human growth hormones?
12.There is always something to do in Cleveland during the summer and early fall including Greek Festivals, Rib Cook-Offs, the Feast of the Assumption, Arts Festivals and Oktoberfests. What is your favorite Cleveland event?
13. President Obama told The New Yorker in a detailed interview that Vice President Joe Biden would be “a superb president. He understands how to separate what’s really important from what’s less important. I think he’s got great people skills. He enjoys politics, and he’s got important relationships up on the Hill that would serve him well”. Do you think Biden has a legitimate chance of becoming President?
14. The Huffington Post ranks the list of board games that most of you grew up with. Some of games on the list include Hungry Hippos, Trouble, Chutes and Ladders, Risk, Trivial Pursuit, Candyland, Scrabble, Monopoly, Battleship, Sorry, Life and Guess Who. What was your favorite childhood board game?
15. Congresswoman Marcia Fudge has introduced legislation aimed at increasing community treatment options for heroin and other substance abuse. Do you think putting money into treatment centers would be more effective than incarceration?
16. The chair of the American Academy of Otolaryngology says ear wax is good thing. Dr. Douglas Backous says the purpose of earwax really is to keep your ear canal clean. Not only does earwax help keep dust and dirt away from the eardrum, it also provides some antibacterial and lubricating perks. Did your mom or grandmother ever tell you not to put
17. Do you have a fat cat or a fat dog? Pet liposuction is here. A pet clinic in North Ridgeville says it’s a new way to treat benign fatty masses on older and overweight animals especially dogs. During one procedure they removed almost three and a half liters of fat out. Would you consider liposuction for your pet if it was too fat?