1. The Indians broke an American League record and tied a Major League record by winning their 21st game in a row with the final out being caught by outfielder Lonnie Chisenhall who stuck the ball in his pocket after the game. Who should keep the ball? How much do you think it’s worth?
2. President Trump had dinner with Congressional Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer last night at the White House. Dinner guests also included Chief of Staff John Kelly, Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney. Would you have liked to have been a fly on the wall during dinner? Do you think Trump can get a tax reform bill passed?
3. A former Cleveland cop plead guilty to sexually abusing two women with a sex toy during a traffic stop earlier this year. Ken Bolton Jr, 49-years-old and a 16-year veteran of the Cleveland Police Department stopped two women, ages 22 and 23 in February and was fired two weeks later after an internal investigation. Bolton agreed to a felony charge and will have to register as a sex offender. He will be sentenced on October 16th. How much time should he get in jail? How much money do you think this will cost the city of Cleveland?
4. A former U.S. Navy SEAL, Jocko Willink, has an idea on how to handle the North Korean crisis. He suggests dropping 25 million iPhones into the country and put satellites overhead with free Wi-Fi. The former SEAL says as soon as North Korean people realize what they are missing, Kim Jong Un’s regime will be unsustainable. What do you think about dropping iPhones over North Korea? Is it a good idea?
5. A mailman in Parma was attacked by a 72-pound dog while making a delivery on York Road earlier this month. The carrier was able to pull out pepper spray but was still bit on the arms, hands, legs and face. The dog’s owner, William Rivera was charged for having a dog at large and is scheduled to appear in court today. According to the Post Office, 170 mail carriers have been attacked by dogs in the last year. Would you want to be a mail carrier? What should happen to Rivera’s dog?
6. Holly Neher, 16-years-old, threw a touchdown pass on the first play of her first varsity game playing on the boys team at Hollywood Hills High School in Florida. She played on the school’s flag football team for two years before making the varsity team. How do you feel about a girl playing on the varsity football team?
7. Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former presidential candidate Mitch Romney is preparing to run for the U.S. Senate in Utah if Senator Orrin Hatch retires. How do you feel about Romney running for the Senate?
8. Holly Neher, 16-years-old, threw a touchdown pass on the first play of her first varsity game playing on the boys team at Hollywood Hills High School in Florida. She played on the school’s flag football team for two years before making the varsity team. How do you feel about a girl playing on the varsity football team?
9. O'mei Chinese Cuisine in Santa Cruz, California has been shut down after an investigation found out the owner donated $500 to ex-KKK leader David Duke's 2016 senatorial campaign. An article in Indybay, an independent media center, exposed Northern California businesses that donated to Duke. Among those listed was Roger Grigsby, the owner of the Chinese restaurant. Grigsby was forced to close his doors after the news came out and employees and customers began to boycott. The restaurant has been open for 38 years. How do you feel about Grigsby being outed?
10. South Carolina residents Corey Payne and his fiancée, Kayla Harris are suing Amazon claiming the solar eclipse glasses they purchased on line did not prevent their vision from being harmed. Do you think this is just the tip of the iceberg hearing about eye vision problems as a result of the eclipse? Should Amazon be held liable?