1. FBI agents executed a search warrant on the Virginia home of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort. According to Manafort's spokesman, the search happened in the last two weeks and sources say the warrant was part of the ongoing investigation into possible Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election and a possible connection with the Trump campaign. Is it a good day when the FBI shows up at your front door?
2. An online petition has collected more than 100,000 signatures urging NFL teams to sign quarterback Colin Kaepernick otherwise they vow to not buy NFL merchandise or watch games. Do you think the petition will have any impact on whether a team signs him or not?
3. Play song hook “On Broadway” by George Benson: Bruce Springsteen is headed to Broadway. He announced he will perform solo, intimate shows only with his guitar and piano beginning October 3rd through November 12th. He says the venue will be the smallest venue he’s played in 40 years. What do you think about Bruce playing Broadway? How much of an increase will tickets cost on the secondary market?
4. An Atlanta gym has banned police officers and military personnel from joining the club. Owner Jim Chambers posted an expletive sign on the door saying they are not welcome. It’s not illegal to ban them because police officer and members of the military are not a protected class under the law. Should they be? Do you think Chambers will lose business over his policy?
5. Judge Sam Benningfield in White County, Tennessee is offering inmates a deal to get out of jail 30 days early if they agree to get sterilized. So far, thirty-two women had a Nexplanon implant put in their arm which can prevent child birth for up to four years and thirty-eight men have signed up to get a vasectomy. What do you think of the judge’s sterilization offer to inmates?
6. Chief Executive Officers make 271 times more than an average worker in their company and their pay increases have grown more than company profits based on a study by the Economic Policy Institute. The highest paid executive in 2016 was Wal-Mart CEO Marc Lore who made $243.9 million. What do you think about the disparity?
7. Former President Barack Obama will be honored in Illinois for years to come. Starting next year, August 4th will become Barack Obama Day in the state, the same day as Obama's birthday. The bill was passed by both state houses and Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner signed it into law. "Obama Day" is more commemorative than a legal holiday where people take the day off and government offices are closed. What are your thoughts about Illinois having Barack Obama day? How should people celebrate “Obama Day”?
8. Would you be a passenger on a plane with no pilot if it saved you some money? Most people say no. A study says 54% of people would not get on a flight that didn't have a physical pilot on board. Remote control flying is already used in the military and could be used by commercial cargo planes by 2025. The study said flyers could save 11 percent on flights that had no pilots. Would you be a passenger on a pilotless plane?
9. Vice President Mike Pence has pushed back against a news report suggesting a possible presidential bid in 2020 if President Donald Trump does not run. In a statement released by the White House, Pence said Sunday's story in The New York Times "is disgraceful and offensive to me, my family, and our entire team." He added that "the allegations in this article are categorically false." Would Mike Pence get your vote?
10. Toyota and Mazda are teaming up to build a $1.6 billion car factory in the United States. It will have the capacity to produce approximately 300,000 vehicles annually and will create up to 4,000 jobs. President Trump welcomed the announcement in a Tweet: “A great investment in American manufacturing!" The location for the facility has not yet been chosen. Do you think Ohio has a shot at landing the plant? What do you think of Toyota’s move to the U.S.?